Jessner 14%, Glycolic 30%, TCA 10%
Peels may cause your skin to become red and take on a frosting appearance during application. It also may appear numb for a few moments after application. You will also notice a darker appearance for several days and you may also breakout. All of this is normal and is part of the deep cleansing process. Your skin should begin to look normal, clearer, and feel smoother within a few weeks. (Downtime varies depending on the number of layers applied).
Jessner Peel is suitable for lighter skin types particularly normal to oily, acneic, and sun damaged. Glycolic 30% for normal/combination skin, and TCA 10% for all skin types, besides sensitive or rosacea skin, with irregular pigmentation. TCA 10% is great for Fitzpatrick’s 1-6 (all skin tones), but carefully formulated for darker skin types and for those with hyperpigmentation and melasma.
Peels also improve skin tone, texture and clarity. It also treats acne, clogged pores, wrinkles, and fine lines, and helps produce collagen and elastin.
- Avoid use of Accutane for 3 months prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning treatment area including tanning beds, spray tan, and sun.
- Stop use of exfoliants (including Renova, Glycolic Acid) on treatment area one week before treatment.
- Remove makeup on area to be treated.
- Avoid chemical or mechanical irritants 1 week prior to treatment.
- You may not proceed with this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral 3 days before your scheduled visit.
- You may have mild redness and minimal swelling (like a sunburn) for a few minutes up to 48 hours. You may apply aloe vera or cold compress.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Do not apply makeup until redness has subsided.
- Avoid excessive heat, hot showers, and exercise for 24 hours as internal heat can cause hyperpigmentation. Use cool water and gentle cleansers for 48 hours.
- Flaking and dryness is common and should resolve within one week. Do NOT ever pick loose or exfoliating skin as this may cause scarring or infection.
- Avoid use of exfoliants for one week after your treatment.
- Avoid chemical or mechanical irritants 1 week after treatment.
- Avoid moisturizers that contain Salicylic acid during the peeling process.